No Churn Key Lime Cheesecake Ice Cream – I know it’s a mouthful. A big mouthful of “Yes, Please, I need that right now!”
Maybe it’s just me, or the smallish town where I grew up, but when we were kids, we had to go to our local ice cream shop to get ice cream that wasn’t Chocolate, Vanilla, or Strawberry. (I know – the horror!) They had flavors like Rocky Road, Chocolate Marshmallow, or even Bubble Gum! (Yes, I tried it. Once.) Who knew that with a few simple ingredients, that were indeed available then, you could make all of your favorite treats into NO CHURN ice cream? And these days, even though I have an ice cream churn, I’ve not used it since my first no-churn.
And on the hottest days of summer, a simple treat that is refreshing is absolutely necessary! That’s why I love this Key Lime Cheesecake Ice Cream. Just 5 ingredients (that you might just have right now!) and in a very short time, you have Key Lime Cheesecake in a cone, on a spoon, or mashed in between some graham crackers! It’s so good – tangy/sweet/creamy with a swirl of graham cracker crust!
This is a super simple recipe! Just 5 ingredients, (and a pinch of salt!) and a bit of time is all it takes to make this creamy, dreamy treat!
First you mix together the room temperature cream cheese, condensed milk, lime juice and salt. Just mix until it is nicely combined. You can see from the photo, mine still had a few small lumps, and it still turned out great. You could whisk it a bit more if you want it perfectly smooth, just know you don’t have to! I put that bowl in the freezer while I whipped the cream, just to keep things cold as possible so my cream wouldn’t deflate too much upon folding.
Next, whip the cream. It doesn’t need to be completely stiff, just whipped nicely. Then, using a rubber or silicone spatula, gently fold the contents of the two bowls together.
Crush the crackers, then layer in your pan – I used a loaf pan, but you could use an 8×8 pan, or a cake round, or even a bowl. It just needs to hold 6 cups of ice cream. Then pop it into the freezer for at least 3-4 hours. If it is in the freezer much longer, it may be frozen pretty solid, so leave at room temp 10+ minutes so it is nice and creamy and easy to scoop before serving!
So, if, like me, you
love require a simple sweet treat, let me recommend this No Churn Key Lime Cheesecake Ice Cream. Note there are more words in its name than the number of ingredients you need to make it. Sorry (not sorry) about that.
Or, if Key Lime Pie is your thing, please don’t miss my Key Lime Tart, which is absolutely the best Key lime pie recipe I’ve ever tasted!Print
Key Lime Cheesecake Ice Cream (No-Churn)
Sweet, creamy, tart and tangy, with that graham cracker crunch, this dreamy ice cream is everything you could wish for – and it’s NO CHURN! Quick and easy! What are you waiting for?
Freeze your ice cream in a loaf pan, 8×8 pan, or a large bowl. Your dish just needs to hold 6 cups total.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 20 min + freezing time
- Yield: 6 cups 1x
- Category: Ice Cream
- Method: No Churn
- 8 oz. (226 g) Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 14-oz. (300 ml) can Sweetened, Condensed Milk
- 1/3 cup (79 ml) Key Lime Juice (can substitute fresh juice from regular limes)
- 1/4 t (large pinch) Salt
- 1 1/2 cups (355 ml) Heavy Cream, refrigerated
- 3 graham crackers (6 squares, 47 grams)
- In a large bowl, whisk or beat together the softened cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, lime juice and salt, until everything is incorporated. Move bowl to freezer to keep it cool, while you whip the cream.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cold cream until it is nicely whipped, rather firm, and keeps its shape after turning off the mixer.
- Gently fold the cold whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until nicely combined.
- Place the graham crackers into a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin. Feel free to leave small pieces if you would like.
- Into the container in which you will freeze the ice cream (I used a loaf pan), layer 1/3 of the ice cream mixture, 1/3 of the graham crumbs, half of the remaining ice cream mixture, half the remaining crumbs, the rest of the ice cream mixture, and top with the remaining crumbs.
- Freeze at least 4 hours before serving. If ice cream is too hard to scoop, it’s best to give it 10-15 minutes to soften after removing from the freezer. This way it’s really nice and creamy!
- When folding the ingredients together, it’s important to do it gently, so you don’t deflate the whipped cream more than necessary. This is why it’s good to keep them cool as possible. Chilling the bowl for your whipped cream is one way to help, as is putting the cream cheese mixture in the freezer while prepping the cream.
- If your ice cream is frozen too hard, be sure to leave it at room temperature 10-15 minutes prior to serving. This will ensure scoops are creamy!
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Keywords: No churn, key lime, Ice cream, cheesecake, dessert