Need a treat, but think you don’t have time for homemade? Think again! Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies take (at most) only 45 minutes start to finish!
Favorite things often have a partner. Like chips and salsa, cheese and crackers, gin and tonic. My favorite flavor combination, hands down, until the end of time is (likely to no one’s surprise!) Peanut Butter and Chocolate. I blame Reese’s, of course – “Two great tastes that taste great together.” So true, Reese’s, so true. I can hardly resist anything that is PB+C. Over the years, though, I’ve gradually moved to darker chocolate, and salty peanut butter, as opposed to sweet, so many of my recipes reflect that. These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies are no exception – I use Bittersweet Chocolate and all-natural (but salted!) Peanut Butter. But the best part is how little time you will need to spend making them.
It’s really just a quick mix, starting with melted butter. No electic mixer, just a spoon or a spatula, a prepared pan, and a few minutes time. You could even portion the dough out into cookies, but really, with PB+C at stake here, why wait? I found this recipe on 365 days of Crockpot and Pressure Cooking, and the only change I made was to increase the amount of Peanut Butter, because, why not?
So if you, like me, are a slave to Peanut Butter and Chocolate, you’ll need to try these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies – they truly meet the need head-on and with very little time or effort. But first, I’d be curious to hear what your favorite food combinations are – savory or sweet – let me know! What are your “two great tastes…”? I’m especially game for a few I’ve never even heard of! Enjoy!
If you like peanut butter and chocolate treats, why not try these crazy-simple Homemade Peanut Butter Cups, or this fantastic No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake. If bar cookies are your thing, don’t forget these Peanut Butter Swirled Brownies or these Scrumptious S’mores Bars.
Pin Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies ->
Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies
Adapted from 365 Days of Crockpot and Pressure Cooking, this recipe is so easily made in just a few minutes, pop it in the oven for 25-30 minutes, and you have peanut butter and chocolate heaven! One of the easiest bakes ever!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 40 min
- Yield: 24 cookies 1x
- Category: Bar Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 4 oz. (1 stick) butter, melted, cooled a bit
- 1 1/2 c lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 T Natural Vanilla Extract
- 1 c Creamy Peanut Butter (I use all-natural – just peanuts and salt)
- 1/2 t Salt
- 1 1/2 c AP Flour
- 1 t Baking Powder
- 10 oz (about 1 3/4 cups) Bittersweet chocolate chips (semi-sweet ok, too!)
Mix the wet ingredients
- Prepare a 9×13 pan by either spraying with cooking spray or inserting a sheet of parchment paper that will cover the bottom and up the sides. Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, pour the cooled melted butter. Whisk in the sugar until well mixed, about 1-2 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla, stirring or whisking until incorporated.
- Using a large spoon or a silicone spatula, mix in the peanut butter.
Mix in the dry ingredients
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the peanut butter mixture until only a few streaks of flour remain.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scrape batter into prepared 9×13 pan. Bake 25-30 mins until a toothpick or wooden skewer comes out with just a couple crumbs. Cool and cut.
- Serving Size: 1/24 recipe
Keywords: Chocolate Chips, Peanut Butter, Blondies, cookies, brownies, bar cookies