I love starting my day with a PSL PSG! A Pumpkin Spice Granola! Such comforting flavors in the Fall!
Maybe I’ve missed the proverbial boat, but for whatever reason, I’ve never gotten on board with the Pumpkin Spice Latte craze (Sorry Starbuck’s!). As much as I love anything flavored with pumpkin spice, I am a hard-line black coffee sipper, so no latte for me, thanks. I hard pass on anything that could dilute that amazing rich, strong, black coffee flavor – cream, sugar, butter – all can just stay away from my coffee. I’m sure I would love a PSL, with its warm spices, and creamy coffee, wouldn’t I? But what if I didn’t? I’d feel like I needed to drink it since I bought it, and then go get a black coffee, which is what I really wanted in the first place. So, there we have it. Anticipatory Buyer’s Remorse. That’s what I have. However, I did make a change that includes Pumpkin Spice to my (seriously) practically every-morning granola routine, and made this yummy Pumpkin Spice Granola! And, guess what? No remorse here.
I knew it once the pumpkin spice aroma of this granola baking hit me – pumpkin spice is here to stay! Especially when it makes your kitchen smell like the holidays. You might want to invite friends over just so they can breathe in the fantastic scent of cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. This granola is so easy to put together, too! A healthy (vegan!) blend of nuts, oats, coconut, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, dried cranberries and ginger! 30 minutes in the oven and you have yummy, golden, crispy Pumpkin Spice Granola – enough to feed a crowd! Nice to have over the upcoming holidays!
So, tell me, do you have any food or drink routines in your day that you just NEED to have? Do you eat an apple a day? Start your day with a PSL perhaps? A daily Caesar salad with Chicken lunch? Maybe, just once, break that routine, and try something new, like some Pumpkin Spice Granola! Enjoy!
If you love granola, but aren’t a big Pumpkin Spice fan, take a look at my Healthy Homemade Nutty Granola, or my (totally addictive!) Chocolate Cherry Pecan Granola Bars, they are both delicious! Other Granola ideas can be found by clicking HERE.
More pumpkin recipes can be found by clicking HERE.
PIN Pumpkin Spice Granola for later->
Pumpkin Spice Granola
Autumn-up your Granola! A bit of pumpkin puree and some warm Pumpkin Pie Spice does the trick! Making your own pumpkin Pie spice is easy and you likely have most of the necessary spices. I like Martha Stewart’s recipe. I made some last year, and am using it here. But you can buy pre-made Pumpkin Pie Spice in the spice aisle at the Grocery, too!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 40 min
- Yield: 16 1/2 cups 1x
- Category: Granola
- Method: Bake
- 6 c Rolled Oats (not “quick” or “instant”)
- 1 c Flaxseed Meal
- 1 c Sliced Almonds
- 1 c Pecans (I used Roasted & Salted)
- 1 c Pepitas (Pumpkin seeds)
- 1 c Unsweetened Coconut
- 2 1/2 t Salt
- 1 c Pumpkin Puree (NOT pie filling)
- 4 t Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 t Ground Cinnamon
- 1 c Maple Syrup (you can substitute honey, but it will no longer be Vegan)
- 3/4 c Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 c Dried Cranberries
- 1/3 c Finely Chopped Crystallized Ginger
- Preheat oven to 325F. Parchment- or Silpat-line 2 large baking sheets.
- Into a large bowl, place oats, ground flaxseed, nuts and salt.
- Into a medium bowl, whisk together Pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon. Add the maple syrup (can substitute honey if desired), and olive oil. Whisk until smooth. Pour the liquid mixture into the oat mixture. Using a large spoon or a rubber spatula, fold the liquid into the oat mixture until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Divide the mixture evenly over the 2 prepared pans. Bake 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool on pans.
- Add the cranberries and ginger, stir.
- Keep granola in airtight container.
- Serving Size: 1/3 c
Keywords: Pumpkin Spice, Granola, Breakfast, Brunch, vegan