- 2 3/4 c AP Flour
- 3 T Brown Sugar
- 1 T Baking Powder
- 1/2 t Baking Soda
- 1/4 t Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 t Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 t Ground Ginger
- 1/2 t Salt
- 1/2 c (1 Stick) COLD Butter, cut into 1/2” cubes
- 15-oz. can Puréed Pumpkin
- 1/2 c COLD Sour Cream
Mix the Dry Ingredients
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper, or butter lightly.
- In a medium to large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
Cut in the Butter
- Using a pastry cutter or 2 knives, quickly cut in the butter cubes until the overall mixture resembles courses crumbs.
Make the dough
- Add the pumpkin and cold sour cream to the butter and flour mixture. Using a silicon spatula, stir the mixture a few times until it comes together to form a soft dough.
- Pour the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and pat into a 3/4” thick sheet. Using a 2” biscuit cutter, form biscuits and place on baking sheets.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until biscuits have risen and are golden.