Inspired by S’mores Pie recipe I saw on Epicurious
For the crust:
- 10 Graham cracker sheets (20 squares)
- 1/2 c Butter or coconut oil, melted
For the filling:
- 1 c Half-and-Half
- 8 oz Semi-sweet or Bittersweet chocolate, chopped (or chips) - I use a mixture of both types
- 1 Lg egg, beaten
- 1 pinch Salt
- 25 To 30 Marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350F or 325F for convection. Place graham crackers in a gallon-sized zip-top bag, making sure to squeeze out all air before sealing. Using a rolling pin, crush crackers into crumbs. Add melted butter to crumbs, and spread into 9" pie plate. Bake 8-10 minutes until set. Remove from oven and cool slightly while you prepare the filling.
- Place chopped chocolate or chocolate chips in a medium bowl. In a saucepan, heat half-and-half over low heat until it simmers. Pour slowly over the chocolate. Let it sit in the bowl a few minutes, then slowly stir with a whisk until well-mixed.
- Add the pinch salt to the beaten egg. Slowly mix into the chocolate mixture, and continue to stir until egg is completely incorporated and mixture thickens a bit. Pour into prepared crust. Bake 20 minutes. Filling should be still slightly "jiggly". Remove from oven. Cool 15 minutes.
- Set oven to "Broil". Place marshmallows evenly over the top of the filling. Broil until the marshmallows are a bit puffy and golden brown on top. Allow pie to come to room temperature. Serve at room temperature for creamy texture or refrigerate if a firmer texture is desired.