Adapted from Martha Stewart Living, July/August 2016 issue
For the Salad:
- 6 Slices bacon
- 1 1/2 lb Large Shrimp, peeled, deveined, uncooked
- 4 c Fresh spinach or baby spinach
- 3 Hearts of Romaine, chopped
- 1 Pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 Small cucumber, sliced thin
- 1 Large avocado, sliced
- 6 Hard-cooked eggs, peeled, halved
For the Dressing:
- 2 tsp. Zest from fresh limes (2 small)
- 5 tbsp. Fresh Lime juice (2-3 medium)
- 1/3 c Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 c Chopped Cilantro
- Cook bacon in sauté pan, or on a sheet pan at 400F for 20 minutes, until crispy. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Reserve 2T fat. If you cooked the bacon in the oven, place the reserved bacon fat into a sauté pan.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Over medium heat, cook the shrimp on both sides in the reserved bacon fat, about 3-4 minutes total.
- Whisk together the lime zest, lime juice, olive oil and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss greens with about half of the dressing. Place on platter.
- Top the dressed greens with shrimp, bacon, tomatoes, avocado, cucumber and eggs. Serve with remaining dressing.