For the Crust:
- 8 oz Chocolate wafers
- 6 tbsp. Butter, melted
For the Filling:
- 1 c Smooth peanut butter (I prefer non-stir natural types for this)
- 8 oz Cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 c Confectioners' sugar
- 2 tbsp. Confectioners' sugar
- 1 c Heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- Toppings, such as cookie crumbs, chopped peanuts, chopped salted pretzels, melted chocolate and melted peanut butter
Prepare the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a large zipper bag, crush wafer cookies to small-medium crumbs. Add melted butter, stir. Press into 9-inch pie plate. Bake until set, 8-10 mins. Cool.
Prepare the filling:
- In a bowl with a hand mixer, or in a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the peanut butter, cream cheese and 3/4 c confectioners' sugar and salt until light and fluffy, approximately 5 minutes. Scrape down bowl as needed.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until peaks begin to form. Add in the 2T confectioners' sugar until cream is firmer with stiff peaks. Fold in vanilla.
- Fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture. Spoon filling into the crust, and smooth top. Freeze 2-3 hours then top with desired toppings.
- Pie can be kept in freezer or refrigerator. If serving the same day, filling does not harden firmly, so freezer is recommended.