This Peanut Butter Frosting recipe makes enough frosting to top 3-9″ cake layers, or tops and sides of 2-9″ layers. I used all-Natural Unsalted Peanut Butter, so if you use any other type, be sure to adjust for the salt, by using 1/2 tsp of salt instead of the full teaspoon. I also like this frosting because it is not too sweet, so be sure to taste and add more sugar and a couple more Tablespoons of milk or cream if you like it sweeter. Or a little extra salt if you like it salty, like I do!
- Prep Time: 10m
- Total Time: 10m
- 1/2 c Or 1 stick, unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 c Smooth Peanut Butter (I used Natural, Unsalted, but any smooth PB will work)
- 1 tsp. (Optional) Natural Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. -1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 c Confectioners' Sugar, plus more to add to taste
- 4 tbsp. or 1/4 cup, milk or cream
- Cream butter and peanut butter at medium speed until it is light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Adjust speed to medium-low. Add vanilla, salt and the confectioners' sugar, a cup at a time. Add milk or cream a Tablespoon at a time to achieve desired consistency. (I added 3-4 Tablespoons)
- Taste and add more salt or sugar if desired.