This homemade granola is so perfect – healthy mix of oats and nuts, slightly sweet, a touch of saltiness – what more could you want?
Perfect served on yogurt or with milk. Also delicious on ice cream!
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 35m
- 4 c Rolled Oats (not "quick" or "instant")
- 1/2 c Ground Flaxseed
- 1/2 c Unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3/4 tsp. Salt
- 1 c Roasted, Salted Pecans, chopped
- 1 c Sliced almonds
- 3/4 c Sunflower seeds (salted is ok)
- 1/2 c Coconut oil (melted)
- 5 oz (1/2 c + 2 Tblsp) Pure maple syrup
- Optional: Chopped dried fruit - apricots, sour cherries, crystallized ginger
- Preheat oven to 330F for Convection oven, 350F for traditional bake. Line large baking sheet (12x18, or 2-13x9) with parchment paper,
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, flaxseed meal, coconut, salt, pecans, almonds and sunflower seeds. While stirring, pour in the coconut oil and maple syrup. Continue to mix until all ingredients are evenly distributed and coated with the oil and syrup.
- Spread in even layer across your baking sheet(s). Bake in oven 35-40 minutes, stirring half way through cooking time. Baking time may vary widely depending upon your oven. Finished granola should be golden brown. Cool on baking sheet, continuing to stir occasionally.
- If desired, mix in chopped dried fruits once cooled.